Friday, March 2, 2012

march 2: play date

Today, Will, Ruby & I went on a play date/photog outing with our friends (Crystal, Hailey, McKay & Aaron). It felt great to get out of the house & explore the woods by our home. The older kids spent a big part of the time finding & then throwing sticks into the little creek while Crystal & I tried to keep them from slipping & falling down the slope into the water (seriously, I was paranoid). It was a busy photography shoot, especially chasing kids around who refused to hold still for the camera. Will even started hiding behind a tree from me, & any time I got close to taking a picture, he'd duck away, & start laughing. He thought it was hilarious. Me? Not so much. ;)


I tried taking a pic of Ruby & me, but with a prime lens that's zoomed in pretty close, I didn't have much to work with. I love this picture of Ruby's eyes - they're so sharp & blue. I, on the other hand, look terrifying. I guess that's how I always look though b/c I wasn't trying to look so creepy. Just another tidbit I've learned about myself: if I'm not smiling, I tend to look like something out of a horror movie (or maybe I've just been watching too much Vampire Diaries). Either that, or I just look overly tired . . . which I am, but hey! that's life, & I'll take it.

Will had to spend a little time on time out for throwing dirt clods when Hailey was standing in front of him. I'm pretty sure he got her square in the face. At least with him being forced to sit still, I was able to take advantage & get a picture. Of course he still refused to look at the camera. Haha - love that kid! :)

Hailey - such a sweet girl




On our way home: If Will can find anything to kick, he will. His choice today? a little rock that looked like it might have been something other than a rock . . . I hope it was just bark.



2 comments:

  1. What a fun little outing. It looked like you guys had so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shoot and Liz! You are gorgeous in that picture. I love that picture of you and Ruby. Two beautiful girls. I want to live up where you live. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!