Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nectarines and a Bath

William has been such a joy in my life. I love watching him experience new things (eating nectarines), as well as enjoy old things like he'll never grow tired of them (splashing in the bath). I wish I'd had a video camera handy when feeding William his lunch today. I gave him a bite of nectarine that even made me pucker a little. He looked so worried & concentrated while chewing the fruit - it was so tart that he'd shiver & shake his head to cope. I then put the nectarine in one of those mesh things for babies to chew food through, & his face practically turned inside out when he started sucking the juice out. He just kept shaking & puckering & caving his chest in while raising his shoulders & squinting his eyes then would open his mouth ready to try some more.
After his nectarine sampling, I thought it would be a grand idea to put him in the kitchen sink for a bath. This kid has been in the water so much already, but acts as though he's discovering it for the first time every time he gets in it again. He just sits there with his mouth wide open & makes monotone Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhh sounds while splashing away - soaking everything in a three foot radius. I was soaked, the cabinets were soaked, the floor was soaked. I looked like I'd just gotten off a water ride at Disneyland. And he just sits there enjoying every second. Even the water splashing him hard in his eyes doesn't slow him down. He just keeps that mouth wide open with a goofy grin on his face & keeps splashing.
I love this boy - he makes me so proud to be his mama with how sweet & happy he is. I love watching his innocent joy in the simple things in life - it reminds me to step back, take a look at all the things I have to be grateful for, & enjoy.

1 comment:

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!