Monday, March 9, 2009

My day with William

Scott worked a trade today while I stayed home with William. He was kind of grumpy today, but I did my best to make him happy & enjoy our time together - life is too short to do otherwise. Will woke up this morning in such a happy mood. I went to get him out of his crib, & he just lay there smiling & squealing at me. I love when I lift him from his crib, & he cocks his head to the side, so he can stare at the pictures hanging on the wall above his bed - transportation pictures that I painted for him. He loves staring at them, especially the one of the bike (probably because it's a different color than the others - orange rather than blue).
After feeding William his bottle at lunch, he still acted hungry. I decided this might be a good time to try out the rice cereal. I stripped him down to his diaper, sat him in his Bumbo & tried feeding him the cereal. He was quite disinterested - he kept turning his head to the side, staring at who knows what. When I did get the cereal in his mouth, he automatically pushed it out with his tongue - it's not that he didn't like it, it's just a different texture & thickness from what he's used to. After he made a big enough mess with the cereal, I took him upstairs to give him a bath. He sat in his mesh bathtub for about 20 minutes. He loved playing with his washcloth & sucking the water out of it while lounging in the water. He is such a cute boy, & he makes me so unbelievably happy.
We also went for a walk today - I had to sing to him while pushing the stroller, so he wouldn't fall asleep. So there I was walking around the neighborhood, constantly adjusting his canopy to block the sun, singing songs that had hand motions to go along with them while trying to push the stroller. It was a successful walk, & I managed to keep him awake the whole time, even though he fought it hard - his eyes kept closing & then popping open. He'd see me do a hand motion to the song & he'd start laughing & then his eyes would start to close again. This repeated until we got home.
Overall, today has been a good day. William has been fussy quite a bit today, but after reflecting on what we've done, I realize he had a lot of happy times today as well. I
love my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!