Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2 June - Pride & Prejudice completed

Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was difficult for me to rate this book. Because it is such a well loved classic, I felt that perhaps it should automatically be awarded 5 stars. I have always loved this story & am glad that I can finally claim having read it instead of just seeing it played out on film. If I had not watched the movie so many times, I possibly would have called this book outstanding, but I noticed while reading that it was almost like the story was just humming in the background, much as a movie you've seen so many times can be watched without you needing to pay much attention to it, yet you are still able to comprehend everything that is happening. I love Austen's wit & her light-hearted characters & stories and am anxious to read another of her books that I am less familiar with to see how it affects me. I really enjoyed this!

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely recommend it. I really enjoyed it, it's just that the story was already so familiar that it was easy to just half-way read.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!