Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here Goosey Goosey

Today, my mom & I took Will to the park to feed the geese. I've gone to this park since I was young & walked through it every morning from seminary to high school.  It was full of ducks & geese (& let me tell you, the geese were mean). Because of past experiences with them, I was very protective of Will - there was one in particular that kept hissing at us. My mom eventually got a branch for me to swing at it if it got too close.




Holding the bread out for the geese:

After feeding the geese, my mom took Will over to the swings while I walked/ran laps around the pond.  It's been such a long time since I've run, & it felt so good. I'm definitely not in great shape, but I guess that just gives me a lot to work for.
The park was beautiful while I ran - it just made me realize how blessed we are to live in such a pretty area, full of trees, water, birds. God's creations truly are amazing, & I'm so grateful for the peace & joy they bring to my life when I just take the time to recognize their existence.  It's easy to get caught up in our own cares & what needs to get done, while forgetting to take the time to enjoy the many beautiful & simple things in life. I know this is something that is not only important for me to do (for my peace of mind), but also something I need to teach my son - to slow down & recognize the beauty & God's hand in everything around us.

3 comments:

  1. I love the last photo, Will looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i DO NOT miss the morning walks from seminary to school..especially those rainy mornings with huge earth worms on the path *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me that is Oak Hill Park. Oh how fun. Will is just about the cutest little boy in the world!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!