Monday, July 9, 2007

Faith

While I sat in church yesterday, I realized that I hadn't consistently felt the Spirit in a long time. I wondered why, then thought perhaps not attending Seminary or religion classes at BYU anymore, as well as being in Nursery for 7 months might have something to do with it. I also thought about how attending a more liberal school has made it more difficult for me to relate my scholastic studies to the gospel. I decided throughout yesterday that I needed to make a change. I need to be more diligent in making spiritual matters a part of my life.

While going for a walk with Scott last night, I recalled a time when I ardently declared that everything happens for a reason, no matter how big or small. I had so much faith as a child--I prayed numerous times for Heavenly Father to help me or comfort me in times of need, whether it was needing to feel peace and security after Sarah's death, or simply wanting to know where I had misplaced a favorite toy. It seems so impossible that the Supreme God of the Universe would care enough to be in every moment of my life, even the seemingly trivial ones. God knows the details of my life, and I need to remember that everything happens for a reason. God shows us his tender mercies every day, but we need to have the faith and humility to recognize them. We need to make it a habit to remember Christ and to share his love with others whenever possible.

1 comment:

  1. 3 years ago, our Stake President introduced "The Call to Spiritual Nourishment", which includes regular daily, vocal prayers on your knees. When he introduced this 3 years ago, he called the entire Stake to this calling; the results have been miraculous and individula Spiritual Independence is thriving. The only down side is that we did not think to use pillows to kneel on so, our knees look that we do not scrub or moisturize.

    SD Perryman

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!