Monday, November 21, 2011

it's already been seven years?

On Saturday, Scott & I celebrated our 7th Anniversary.
We started out the day by meeting up with my mom, so Will could go spend the weekend with Nana & Papa. On our way home, Scott proposed we walk around Old Town Sacramento for a bit. As it turned out, he had really bought us some tickets to take a ride on the "Capitol Hornblower" (nice name, right?). When we got on board, we looked around, & one of the first things out of Scott's mouth was, "Nothing's too good for my woman" while trying to hold in a laugh. Let's just say the boat wasn't the most appealing thing. While the boat was a bit on the cheeseball side, it was still fun to actually go on the river together for the first time since living here. 





After our little river-faring adventure, we went for a walk through Old Town & drooled over all the beautiful architecture, old brick, vines climbing up the buildings . . . It was beautiful. Of course having Ruby along with us made it even more fun. She just sat in her carseat & smiled & cooed a good part of the time. She's seriously the happiest baby.




I wish I would have actually gotten some cool pictures of our walk, but I was too enthralled by everything to even attempt. I just wanted to soak it all up.


When we finished our walk, Scott surprised me with dinner reservations to Ruths Chris Steakhouse. And man is there food delish! It was only made better by Ruby needing to nurse through practically the entire dinner. Talk about romantic! Not only that, but the waiters kept coming over to see how we were doing & kept trying to ignore what I was doing even though it was awkwardly obvious. I can't imagine they see that too often in such a fancy restaurant. It was awesome.



And wouldn't you know this is the only picture of us together on our anniversary. That's what I get for relying on my phone.


Thanks for the fun babe! It's been an incredible seven years, & I hope to have many, many more with you.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Happy Anniversary! Love Old Town Sac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet husband to plan this. Love the picture of Ruby peeking!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!