Monday, March 1, 2010

1 March - diaper crystals

When I woke up this morning, I took my time getting ready, did some deep-cleaning upstairs, & then spent a little time looking things up online.  This whole time, Will was happily running back & forth between bedrooms, playing with his toys, playing the piano, & climbing up and down the stairs.  When I finally headed down the stairs this morning, Will kept saying, "no no no no." I smiled & repeated after him, not thinking anything of it.  When I looked at the bottom of the stairs, my tune changed, "no No No NO!"
It looked like there was fake snow all over the second half of the staircase & on the tile below.  The source of all that "snow?" - a diaper was mixed in with all this mess & looked like it had been rummaged through.  There were diaper crystals everywhere! I ran down the rest of the stairs, grabbed the vacuum & cleaned as fast as I could.  Will tagged along beside me, attempting to hold the vacuum handle while I said, "What a good helper!" (You have to encourage kids when you can, right? But it felt dishonest telling him how helpful he was when he'd made the disaster in the first place.) When cleaning wasn't as fun as he'd anticipated, he opted for grabbing the crystals with his hands & rubbing them in his hair! Thank goodness there wasn't any poop!
What would I do without my little guy to entertain me & keep me on my toes?  It's a great start to a beautiful day! (And I'm only being slightly sarcastic - I couldn't help but laugh.  It serves me right for looking online without keeping an eye on him. He had to entertain himself somehow! Now if I can just remember to always throw diapers away.)

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I laughed out loud reading your post...I love that Will know it was wrong, he is such a smart little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! It's AMAZING what they'll get into within even just a few minutes left to themselves!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!