The bookshelves in our living room have bothered me since I first "organized" them. Call me weird, but I got irritated just about every time I happened to look over at them - they weren't filled up, & there were too many knick-knacks placed awkwardly inside. I'm a huge perfectionist, so I had to do something to fix the problem.
So almost two weeks ago, I got the urge to redo the bookcases. I emptied the shelves, carried a bunch of books downstairs from our study, & organized the books by genre (& size or color when necessary). I also had to keep William entertained - he doesn't like to be left alone to play for very long (which is why this project took me at least 5 hours - of course, my OCD added to the length of time as well - I'm surprised I didn't catalog everything).Before:The finished result - (still not absolutely perfect, but SO much better than before).The up-close pictures are for my own enjoyment - I'm sure everyone else could care less about this project.