Friday, January 23, 2009

Meeting Michele & Kennedy

I used to nanny the cutest little girl, Kennedy. I worked for her parents, Michele & Justin, for about 1 1/2 years (I met Michele & Kennedy when I was working at Pottery Barn. Kennedy was getting fussy, so I played with her while her mom shopped. Michele offered me a job while I was ringing her up, & I gladly accepted). Kennedy & I used to have so much fun together. We would do puzzles; "cook" in her kitchen; read; watch "Elmo," "Cars," "Monsters," & dance to "The Wiggles;" sing songs; learn A,B,C's, 1,2,3's, & colors; play with her dog, Jake; & so much more. I stopped working for Michele when I was about a month away from my due date with William (I could have watched Kennedy longer, but they had summer vacations planned - I feel like I could have been nannying the day before I delivered - It seriously didn't hit me that I was really pregnant until around the week before William came. Scott & I had had so many failures with trying to get pregnant, that I was in denial, even as my belly grew.).

Anyway - today was the first day that I saw Michele & Kennedy again since August/September (?). It was so fun to introduce them to Will. Kennedy was hesitant & didn't quite seem to grasp where this kid came from. She had her own baby with her, "Itty" (short for Itty Baby), & was telling me how her baby came out of her tummy also. It was so great seeing Michele & Kennedy again, & I can't wait to have another play date.

"Quiet kid - we're taking a picture here."

William & me with Michele & Kennedy

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were a nanny, that's really cool! Kennedy is a cutie and Will is just crackin me up! One day they'll be great little buddies! (LOVE your sweater... simply love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so special that you guys keep in touch. I love your sweater...you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute:) i bet Kennedy misses you. I love your sweater in the pics by the way! I am guessing you got it at anthro?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you telling me about it! That is so awesome that you still keep in touch with them. I could tell that she really likes you. Will is SUPER cute. We hope to see you guys again and meet Will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the story and your sweater is awesome! Michelle seems like a really nice lady and it looks like you've made a life long friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweater, love your hair, love your baby! Make plans to come out here soon, please.

    Parade of Homes???

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so cute when he's fussy! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Thank you so much for all of your hospitality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's so cute when he's fussy! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Thank you so much for all of your hospitality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's so cute when he's fussy! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Thank you so much for all of your hospitality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why did my thing post 3 times? crazy. Well I must love you guys 3 times as much! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, whether you are a friend, acquaintance, or blog stalker, so thank you ahead of time for stopping by & saying hello!